How to Deploy a Blocklet with Install on ABT Node
This walk through you shows you how to use the install on ABT Node option to deploy any Blocklet directly onto your ABT Node(s).
ArcBlock has launched a new feature that allows anyone to easily deploy a blocklet directly from Github to a users ABT Node(s) in one-click. Just look for the Install on ABT Node button to get started.
Before we get started there are a few things to know and some relevant links to help you get started. Because ArcBlock's platform and services are decentralized, ArcBlock's "Install on ABT Node" service provides a seamless way to install Blocklets directly from Github to your ABT Node.
In the future, you will be able to run your now Node Connect Blocklet as well as having the ability to register your node(s) using the Node Connect service available to ArcBlock users. To help us get started, here are 3 different links to be aware of:
- https://install.arcblock.io - register any ABT Node where you will want to deploy and install a blocklet.
- https://www.github.com/Blocklet - Available Blocklets that include the install on ABT Node button.
- https://www.arcblock.io/en/get-started - Different ways for you to quickly get started with ABT Node including setting up a node using Docker, in the cloud or on your local machine.
Now, let's go ahead and get your setup by first registering one of your ABT Nodes with the Node Connect service. When you first login, you will see something like this:
- Login to your ABT Node
- Go to the "Settings" page by selecting settings on the left-hand action bar.
- Click on "Register this ABT Node"
- Verify your ABT Node details (should look similar to the example below) and select confirm.
- Your node is now available and listed at https://install.arcblock.io.
- With your ABT Node registered, we can now deploy blocklets to your node. Let's try it using the Vue + Vite Blocklet demo.
With our ABT Node registered, we are now ready to deploy the Blocklet directly to our node. For this example, we will demonstrate how to install the Vue + Vite Blocklet.
- Visit https://www.github.com/blocklet
- Select the Vue + Vite Blocklet
- Now, select the button Install on ABT Node
- You will now see an option to confirm what ABT Node you want to install your Blocklet onto. In this case, we are going to use the ABT Node we just registered.
- Install Blocklet notification to confirm the name, version, decentralized identity address and download link for the Blocklet. Click on Install.
- With your Blocklet installed, you will see it on your list of current Blocklets.
- You now have the option to start, configure, or view logs for your Blocklet by selecting your next step.
Install on ABT Node makes it easy to install any Blocklet directly onto your ABT Node(s). Go back to the Github Blocklet and try install another blocklet. You will quickly see that any Blocklet can be deployed in less than 60-seconds and gives developers a powerful way to build from code to production.