ArcBlock Releases Login and Authentication Demo Using Decentralized Identity
ArcBlock, a leading blockchain development platform, and decentralized identity provider showcases new Login and Authentication Demo and Developer Tools as part of it’s “I DID IT” initiative. ArcBlock’s I DID IT campaign shows business and developers how to use Decentralized Identity and Blockchain in real-world applications through interactive demos, developer-ready tools, and training. Each application showcased can be built in 5-minutes or less using ArcBlock’s Blocklets and blockchain platform.
ArcBlock, a leading blockchain development platform, and decentralized identity solution provider launched part 3 of their I DID IT Campaign, with the release of the next decentralized identity demo experience app and developer blocklet for login and authentication. ArcBlock’s login and authentication demonstration showcase how users can log in to websites and applications, as well as authenticating their identity when accessing member services or access paid micro-content that can be enabled with a line of code.
One of the leading use cases for Decentralized Identity is delivering a new, secure method of logging in that can replace password-based authentication. Decentralized Identity allows users to log in and access websites and services securely while enabling the user to verify what information is being shared and to consent to share. The use case for decentralized identity expands well beyond just “logging in.” Today, decentralized identity is already being considered as the replacement to traditional Identity and Access Management systems in the enterprise, which in turn is also creating new e-commerce experiences, reinventing single sign-on methods including OAuth 2 and much, much more.
“In today’s digital world, it is getting harder and harder to control our digital identities. Between giving it away to service providers in order to benefit from the ease of use, or with the upcoming 5G mobile networks where it is expected that users will see at least 100X more requests for their data without ever knowing it. What’s a user to do? With ArcBlock’s decentralized identity wallet and login capabilities, we are empowering each user to own their identity and easily keep it secure. In doing so, we can give users their identity back and give them complete control over how their identity data is accessed and used,” said Robert Mao, CEO of ArcBlock.
At ArcBlock, decentralized Identity is viewed as a way for developers and businesses to build services and applications around their users and deliver richer experiences, create more trust between the user and company, and minimizes the friction of the user experience. More importantly, when combined these same companies and features empower individual users to own and control their data.
Using ArcBlock’s blockchain and decentralized identity tools and solutions:
- Users can leverage their own decentralized identifiers (DIDs) to access traditional systems and own their identity. In doing so, they avoid troublesome data breaches and identity theft that are becoming more regular as companies centralized their data.
- Achieve privacy by design by building apps and services designed around the user and ensuring that user data remains private and they only ask for what they need versus everything.
- Achieve community-enabled trust using a self-owned identity system where users can support claims by others, also known as attestations, helping to prove and verify different facets of a user’s identity.
- Apps and services become highly personalized to the individual and by using decentralized identifiers, developers are able to gain access to a precise set of attestations while also reducing the legal and compliance risks associated with handling and storing personal information.
- Leveraging an open, interoperable technical foundation that uses standard, open-source technologies, protocols and reference designs from the W3C and Decentralized Identity Foundation ensuring a user’s identity travels with them across different online services.
- It can achieve a highly scalable identity layer that can scale.
- Businesses and developers can quickly move beyond many of the earlier adopters and now give developers and businesses a proven user experience that allows their users to quickly adopt this technology.
Anyone can experience identity by visiting ArcBlock’s decentralized identity microsite and each demo includes the live demos and ready-made developer tools. In addition to Blocklets, developers can also use ArcBlock's identity capabilities that are already available in their Blockchain Application Framework and can be enabled in a few simple steps with any application or service. Over the next few weeks, ArcBlock will be showcasing additional examples including badging, verifiable claims and certificates, payment and more.